– J+J Flooring Group has recently joined with APPA, the leading world-wide professional association of education facility managers, to present an APPA Facilities Drive-In workshop. The event takes place on April 22 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Brown Lupton University Union on the campus of Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, TX. It includes a continental breakfast and lunch and is free to educational facility professionals. Attendees will earn .4 CEUs, four PDH units and four LUs.
As a sponsoring partner, J+J Flooring Group has selected a content focus that will have strategic application to both financial outcomes and student satisfaction in higher education facilities. Presentations will address topics including
• The intersection between branding and higher education and the implications on the built environment;
• How facilities professionals of learning and cultural institutions can translate institutional identity into a successful visual communications program;
• How campus facilities can support and enhance the overall branding goals of the institution;
• The emergence of evidence-based design in learning environments and how these principles can be successfully applied to the floor covering evaluation and selection process.
Experienced presenters and subject matter experts have been carefully selected to serve as session leaders for the event and include Brian Brindisi, Gensler Design Director of Brand Design, Kimberly Hickson, FAIA, LEED AP, Gensler Firmwide Education and Culture Leader, and J+J Flooring Group Director of Product Innovation Keith Gray.
The complimentary workshop is the first in a series to be held throughout the United States in 2014. It is geared toward facility directors, business officers, managers, supervisors and technical personnel from colleges, universities, K-12 public school and private academies, museums and libraries.
To register, go to www.appa.org/tcu_jjflooring.
APPA promotes leadership in educational facilities for professionals seeking to build their careers, transform their institutions, and elevate the value and recognition of facilities in education. APPA is the association of choice for more than 7,000 educational facilities professionals throughout the United States, Canada, and abroad. www.appa.org